funsec mailing list archives

Re: www.hexblog.com down?

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jan 2006 21:09:05 GMT

One more thing:

It's no small wonder that people are flocking to get
his 'patch' -- as I wrote on my blog earlier today, due
to the appearance of the WMF 'construction kit', it's
not too difficult to reason that (a) since Microsoft isn't
releasing a patch for this vulnerability until January 10th,
and (b) there is a good "temporary" fix already available,
people might want to consider temporarily "fixing" this
hole until it can be patched permanently. :-)

- ferg

-- Pierre Vandevenne <pierre () datarescue com> wrote:

Good Day,

Huge traffic. Shut down by ISP. First measure taken here: drink a couple
of beers with Ilfak and talk about life in general. Good enough for
funsec?

[snip]

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net