funsec mailing list archives

RE: Blacklisted by a mouse?

From: <jonathan.curtis () bell ca>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 09:18:58 -0500

 Diagnostic code: smtp;550 Not interested in mail from
shawcable.net pool
 hosts.

Unfortunately for a number of reasons, dynamic IP space has a poor
reputation. In Shaw's case, they don't block port 25 which allows you to
directly connect to Mouse's mail server.

I suspect if you try to send mail to our Sympatico users you'll run into
the same problem as we generally do not accept email from dynamically
assigned IP space as it can not be trusted.

Thanks,

Jonathan