funsec mailing list archives

Re: Who needs terrorists? We can cause terror all by ourselves...

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 09:16:27 -0800 (PST)

From: "Fergie" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:41:18 GMT
To: funsec () linuxbox org
Subject: [funsec] Who needs terrorists? We can cause terror all by
ourselves...

Thanks to Bruce Schneier, who reminds us of it.

I'm not sure whether this is alarming, hilarious, or both (or neither).

*AND* the "authorities" went on to say "... that the guy did nothing
illegal."

[snip]

A worker at a Downtown building who was using a pellet gun with a scope to
scare pigeons prompted a massive police response that led to the shutdown of
several blocks this afternoon.

Dozens of motorcycle and special response officers responded to the area.

The Fort Pitt Tunnels inbound were shut down temporarily.

The Port Authority was forced to reroute buses around the area.

People in some buildings were told to stay inside while those in others were
evacuated.

[snip]

More:
http://www.postgazette.com/pg/06081/674773.stm

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net

Gregory Hicks                        | Principal Systems Engineer
Cadence Design Systems               | Direct:   408.576.3609
555 River Oaks Pkwy M/S 6B1          | Fax:      408.894.3400
San Jose, CA 95134                   | Internet: ghicks () cadence com

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin