funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re[2]: standards status in the industry - opinion?

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2006 22:53:11 -0500

On Sat, 07 Jan 2006 23:58:17 +0100, Pierre Vandevenne said:
Good Morning,

MM> is one of the things AV needs as well.  We've set our standards *FAR*
MM> too low there, and are still allowing AVers to ram this terrible,
MM> decades-old technology down our throats.

Well, since the industry/market already exists, you have an
opportunity to make almost instant billions if you come up with the
right solution/technology. Good luck.

Willy Wonka never figured out how to sell anybody a second Ever-Lasting Gobstopper.

There's a lot of companies that will stand to lose billions of dollars of
revenue stream if the right solution/technology ever actually deploys.

And if they don't lose billions in revenue stream, it's not the right answer....