funsec mailing list archives

RE: (Yet Another) Lost Ernst & Young Laptop Exposes IBM Staff

From: Jeff Rosowski <rosowskij () ie ymp gov>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2006 09:50:14 -0800 (PST)

I don't' get it.... Why aren't people heading over to these places with torches and pitchforks? How many friggin times does a "laptop" have to be stolen with SS#'s and other confidential information have to get stolen before people realize that this type of data should never, ever, EVER be placed on a laptop for ANY reason....

I'm figuring I may as well get it over with and just post my social security number and other personal information on the internet.