funsec mailing list archives

Re: Google, Python, and the future of AJAX applications

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:30:48 +0000 (GMT)

the only evidence at hand not explained by this theory is the success of Perl.
perhaps Perl escapes the categories of this system by having borrowed from
virtually every pre-existing language.

For me, perl was good because it so resembled Algol/Pascal, and once I
got the hand of regexes and hashes, it was lovely.

to think that the world's browsing population could be bothered to download a
5MByte python image but will never be offered the equivilent functionality in
the form of a 75KByte USCD P-system image, is so disheartening that it almost
HAS to be true.

I looked at getting back to Pascal, but the main issue on that, would be
the huge amount of third-party libraries I can use in perl via CPAN. How
does the USCD equivalent look?