funsec mailing list archives

Re: PIN Scandal "Worst Hack Ever;" Citibank Only The Start

From: Technocrat <dj.technocrat.listmail () gmail com>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2006 09:54:49 -0600

FW wrote:
Based on the press articles, I tend to assume that the customers
bought something at rogue shops.  But this is pure speculation.  I
really can't connect this to ChoicePoint-like events, which most
press articles seem to do.

It's like equating cookies on the NSA web site with NSA's spying on
 U.S. citizens.

Well your speculation makes sense, but why couldn't this just be
results of a advanced phishing scam??  True it would have to be a
pretty successful scam, but I am sure Citibank is stopping more cards
than were comprised - to be on the same side.

-Technocat