funsec mailing list archives

Re: GMSV: Spores

From: Col <colweb () gmail com>
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2006 07:56:38 +0000

On 3/10/06, David M Chess <chess () us ibm com> wrote:
<snip>
The original story I read said that it'd be sort of a hybrid; it's
standalone as far as play goes, but the creatures / species that you
design / evolve / whatever would get uploaded to the servers, and your
game would download other species from the servers for your own to
interact with.  So standalone, but with more or less automatic sharing of
"custom content" (to use the Sims term).

I watched the video recently, and I got the distinct impression he
actually went and explored another galaxy and attacked what he
described as "someone else's world". Sounded quite multiplayer to me.

C.