funsec mailing list archives

Re: Porn Billing Leak Exposes Buyers

From: "Brian Barrios" <bbarrios () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 08:45:50 -0500

On 3/8/06, Fergie <fergdawg () netzero net> wrote:
http://www.wired.com/news/technology/0,70356-0.html

Nice catch on the article.... my favorite quote:
~
Independently, Wired News found that entries from the smaller cache
are listed as mortgage leads on a spammer community site,
specialham.com. (The website's homepage offered no contact information
and Wired News was unable to reach the registered owner of the domain,
one "Juice Wobble.")
~

gee...really... you mean the owners of specialham didn't just show up
on your door step?  shock....

also funny....
~
Contacted by Wired News, one of the victims of the breach expressed
dismay that his information was in the hands of criminals. The
41-year-old San Diego man says he allowed a "business partner" to use
his credit card on an adult website dedicated to finding resources in
Tijuana's red light district, with discussion groups and locations of
prostitutes.

"Life is difficult enough," says the victim. "It makes the net that
much less secure in my eyes.... I plan to not use any credit card
information on any site."
~
       sure it was a business partner..... the second paragraph
sounds alot like it was him.....

-Brian.

--
Brian Barrios