funsec mailing list archives

Re: Windows Bug

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 13:23:23 -0800

Idiot!  That could have been worth $10,000 if you filed it with iDefense...

                                        BB

Larry Seltzer wrote:
This is a very serious matter. I've found an error in how the IPCONFIG
command handles incorrect command line input.

    C:\>ipconfig lksdflkjdsakfl
Error: unrecongnized or incomplete command line. Clearly the error line is supposed to say "unrecognized". I don't know if
this is an exploitable issue. I've only tested it on Windows XP SP2.