funsec mailing list archives

Re: Gadi on the new (old) chinese root domains

From: James Kehl <shykta () dione ids pl>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:32:14 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 28 Feb 2006, Dude VanWinkle wrote:

and as an added bonus, the future of the internet! :-)

http://www.circleid.com/posts/chinese_alternate_root_as_a_new_beginning_and_real_internet_governance/

I doubt you'd see .xxx on this anytime soon...

Or, come to think of it, .tw :)

As for the threat of 'balkanization', mentioned last time someone
muttered about alternate roots, I'd think someone would have ICANN
namespace<->.cn namespace gateways running in about a week -
that'd break SSL certificates but what's new?

James