funsec mailing list archives

Re: Microsoft issues IE update to get around the Eolas patent

From: "Dude VanWinkle" <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 20:08:43 -0500

On 2/28/06, Richard M. Smith <rms () bsf-llc com> wrote:

I wonder how many Web sites this Microsoft patch will break.......

After you install this update, you cannot interact with ActiveX controls
from certain Web pages until these controls are enabled. To enable an
ActiveX control, manually click the control.

I wonder how much spyware this will prevent from being installed?

-JP