funsec mailing list archives

Re: Kaspersky update zaps Microsoft antivirus

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 13:36:51 +0000 (GMT)

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006, Richard M. Smith wrote:

http://news.com.com/Kaspersky+update+zaps+Microsoft+antivirus/2100-1002_3-60
41792.html?tag=nefd.top

Microsoft and Kaspersky Lab have recovered from an error that caused
significant e-mail troubles for some users of Microsoft's Antigen e-mail
security software.

Antigen users started receiving updates for their Kaspersky Lab antivirus
engine again on Tuesday. Microsoft and Kaspersky had put those on hold after
a flawed update caused trouble last week, representatives for Microsoft and
Kaspersky said Tuesday.

"As far as both parties are concerned, the problems have been addressed and
its business as usual," said Steve Orenberg, president of Kaspersky's North
American operations.

Steve was the first president of Dr SOlomon's USA.

I went over there to work with him on a show. The stand was a disaster,
designed to keep people out (it was a stand surrounded by walls, with a
door guarded by a security guard) rather than to let people in.

To tempt people in, there was free food, in huge amounts. Of course,
no-one knew about the food, so we wound up with enough left over to feed
an army.

So, on the last day, I got Steve to come up on stage to help with the
presentation. And I got him to hold a heaped plate of food in each hand,
then balanced two more plates on his outstretched arms.

And then I walked away and left him to it.

We knew how to have fun in those days :-)