funsec mailing list archives

Re: FW: Homeland Security RFI heightens public concern over RFID

From: "Rob, grandpa of Ryan, Trevor, Devon & Hannah" <rMslade () shaw ca>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:49:20 -0800

From:                   Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date sent:              Tue, 21 Feb 2006 18:39:08 -0500

On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 17:59:48 EST, "Richard M. Smith" said:

The U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is looking for beefed up RFID
technology that can read government-issued documents from up to 25 feet away,
pinpoint pedestrians on street corners, and glean the identity of people
whizzing by in cars at 55 miles per hour.

OK guys. I wanna start a pool on when the first Bad Guy (other than DHS)
takes delivery of one of these readers. ;)

Piffle.  DHS is going to have to order them *from* the bad guys ...

rslade () computercrime org  slade () victoria tc ca  rslade () sun soci niu edu
It is the test of a good religion whether you can joke about it.
                                                  - G. K. Chesterton
Where does the idea come from that if what we are doing is fun,
it can't be God's will?  The God who made giraffes has a sense of
humor.  Make no mistake about that.             - Catherine Marshall