funsec mailing list archives

Re: Court says cops can't yank video: 'Baby cam' catchesarrest on tape

From: "Brian Loe" <knobdy () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 15:43:09 -0600

On 2/21/06, Gary Funck <gary () intrepid com> wrote:

In certain situations (not this one), it may be the case that
the police don't want to disclose the tactics they use to make
arrests (for example in hostage situations).  Perhaps they feel
that if they don't attempt to uniformly exercise the
restrictions that it will send the message that it is okay?

But the standard has been set - way back when - and it can't be
reversed. Further, if I'm in my yard video taping anything I can see
without going out of my way, what legal cause could the police have to
stop me or confiscate my tape?