funsec mailing list archives

Re: Washington Post gives up botnet herder's identity

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:02:02 -0800

(I can't read the referenced article, I guess it has been dugg to death.)

If you're determined, and lot can be discovered with a little bit of info. My wife and I recently tracked down her birth parents with a couple of pages of what was supposed to be "non-identifying" info in her adoption record. This is coming up on nearly 40 years after the event, and only took us a couple of months of casual investigation. It was done with mostly standard genealogy techniques, and a few other things because some of the people are still alive.

                                        BB