funsec mailing list archives

Spammer must pay $11bn to ISP

From: Gregory Hicks <ghicks () cadence com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 21:54:19 -0800 (PST)

In today's <security-news () thei3p org> newsletter:

  Title: Spammer must pay $11bn to ISP
  Source: Silicon.com
  Date Written: 2006-01-05
  Date Collected: 2006-01-05
James McCalla of Florida has been fined $11.2bn, and is forbidden to
use the internet for three years, for sending more than 280 million
spam messages through Iowa-based CIS Internet Services' network. While
the company prevailed in its case, it does not expect to actually
receive any money.

http://software.silicon.com/security/0,39024655,39155388,00.htm

WOW!  About time!

I am perfectly capable of learning from my mistakes.  I will surely
learn a great deal today.

"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch.  Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the
decision." - Benjamin Franklin