funsec mailing list archives

Web site censorship in the U.S.

From: "Richard M. Smith" <rms () bsf-llc com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2006 18:23:01 -0500

http://news.com.com/DMCA+axes+sites+discussing+Mac+OS+for+PCs/2100-1016_3-60
40983.html?tag=nefd.top

DMCA axes sites discussing Mac OS for PCs

Apple Computer appears to have invoked the Digital Millenium Copyright Act
to stop the dissemination of methods allowing Mac OS X to run on chips from
Intel and Advanced Micro Devices.

The chatter at the OSx86 Project
<http://dw.com.com/redir?destUrl=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.osx86project.org%2F&site
Id=3&oId=2100-1016-6040983&ontId=1001&lop=nl.ex>  was stifled Friday after
the forum was served with a notice under the DMCA, according to a posting on
the site.

"We're sorry to report that despite our best efforts, the OSx86 Project has
been served with a DMCA violation notice. The forum will be unavailable
while we evaluate its contents to remove any violations present. We thank
you for your patience in this matter," the posting read.