funsec mailing list archives

Re: Postage Is Due for Companies Sending E-Mail

From: Larry/Spamhaus <lr () spamhaus org>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 03:59:52 +0000

At 04:07 PM 2/8/06 -0500, der Mouse wrote:
> The Goodmail people seem to think that [misinformation]'s all been
> planted by their competitors (Spamhaus and the like, I suppose)

Hm?  Spamhaus is a Goodmail competitor??  I didn't think Spamhaus was
selling any sort of service to anyone and thus could hardly be
competing with someone who is.  What am I missing?

Not much. But perhaps this: We proposed a TLD based "whitelist sender" system back in spring 2004. ".mail" - http://www.spamhaus.org/tld/

After two years of an ICANN process I'd not wish on my worst enemy, we heard two months ago that ICANN decided to pass. Seems they figured .asia, .jobs, .cat, .travel, etc. were worthwhile and this was not. I tend to disagree*.

We do offer a free "Goodmail type service" to email to all our users, it's quite simple in fact: Don't spam and you won't be listed. Ya don't even have to sign up! :)

Cheers,

Larry @ Spamhaus

* well, unless I can get my pussy.cat domain for Fluffy!

Cheers,

Larry @ Spamhaus