funsec mailing list archives

Re: OT even for a OT List - EU and Hezbollah

From: Anthony Rodgers <Anthony_Rodgers () dnv org>
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 20:28:54 -0800

Sinn Féin.

It would be difficult for the EU to proscribe a political party, members of which are Members of the European Parliament, and duly elected members of the parliaments of two of its member countries.

http://www.sinnfein.ie/representatives

Anthony
(The Token Paddy :-)

On 30-Jan-06, at 1:37 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> <Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu> wrote:

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 15:06:06 CST, Todd Towles said:
> Ok, so I am a little confused. Why doesn't the EU classifiy Hezbollah
> (Hizballah) as a terrorist organization?

Because then you have to deal with Sein Fenn (sp?) and the IRA....

<ATT4726235.dat>