funsec mailing list archives

Re: all the paranoid "privacy dudes" - check this .CN example

From: Dude VanWinkle <dudevanwinkle () gmail com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 23:14:10 -0500

On 1/29/06, David Ulevitch <davidu () everydns net> wrote:
http://images.google.com/images?q=tiananmen

http://images.google.cn/images?q=tiananmen

Capitalize the T.  Tiananmen is a proper noun.  Then compare the
results.

Nice find! I think google should change their unofficial corporate
motto to "dont be totally evil, or at least try and hide it if you
are". Never thought I would see microsoft being more open with data
than google, or anyone for that matter ;-)

-JP
"I need a new email address"
-JP