funsec mailing list archives

RE: When will enough be enough?

From: "Randall M" <randallm () fidmail com>
Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2006 16:11:35 -0600

[-----Original Message-----
[From: Technocrat [mailto:dj.technocrat.listmail () gmail com]
[Sent: Saturday, January 28, 2006 10:24 PM
[To: randallm () fidmail com
[Cc: funsec () linuxbox org
[Subject: Re: [funsec] When will enough be enough?
[

<snip of my post>
[>
[> The list just goes on and on. What are we not learning?
[

[To encrypt out backups and to watch where our data is copied.
[The truth has to be that this has been happening for a
[while..but now it is the status quo to tell everyone about
[it...before you are sued under certain laws....
[
[Laws have increased the public exposure of our often it really
[happens IMHO. Which is a good thing....it will cause people to
[change policy and hopefully enforce good policy.
[
[- -Todd

Todd,

House fires happen everyday. I now through the media hear about them
happening in Ohio even though I live in Missouri. But the magnitude that's
involved with people's personal lives needs world wide attention.

I guess identity and data thief has been around awhile but not as wide
spread or as important as it is now.
Accountability must play a major role here. What shall we do with "Big
Brother?. He is the ONLY one that can step in and insure punishment to a
company that I trusted my personal information too.

The amount of data thief is just astounding though. Who's doing this. Who's
behind it? Two kids on the couch with noting to do? I don't think so. What
part of a bigger picture is involved here? I'm not sure but I have this
sinking feeling we aren't going to like what's coming down the road.