funsec mailing list archives

RE: Why iPods at Work are bad...

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 16:31:52 -0600

Yet another reason why you don't allow iPod at work.

 http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-3513_7-6423090-1.html?tag=cnetfd.ld1

"Better yet, iPods also remember where data came from. Say you used a
computer at work to copy a large, top-secret program to your iPod to
take home. Coding within the file would tell investigators not only what
machine (MAC address) but also what operating system (though file format
also tells them that) and username was used. So if incriminating
evidence is found on your iPod, they can connect it to a crime scene."

They are almost impossible to santize when you are done with the device.
For now..lol

-Todd