funsec mailing list archives

Re: Definition of Religious Right

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:00:45 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Fergie wrote:

Having read my own e-mail, allow me to make things crystal clear.

I do not think it is within the right of the government to cast
a wide-net to troll for law-breakers, when it may pull in innocent,
law-abiding citizens private data. I applaud Google for denying
the DoJ and I cast a palor of shame over MSN, Yahoo!, and any other
corporate cow that rolled over for the man. It is shameful.

Secondly, you'd have to be out of your mind to think that I would
endorse any avenue that allowed pedophile predators to pursue their
prey. To suggest such a thing is an insult to my character, and a
disingenuous method of attempting to avoid the issue at hand -- and
that is putting hundreds of thousands (perhaps millions?) of law-
abiding Internet users' private searches at the whim of special
interest religious zealots with a definate agenda.

The first step should be to bring the organised religions within the law.
I want to see:

Truth in advertising - any advertising claims to be backed up by facts,
especially the more extremely unlikely claims.

A rewrite of the bible (I include all Holy Books here) - as it stands, it
contravenes the hate-speech laws of most countries, and the discrimination
laws. There's stuff there that you simply are not allowed to say.

More careful vetting of religious leaders, especially in regard to their
access to, and influence on, children. Biased religious education is child
abuse. The children should be taught the controversy, and then they can
decide for themselves.

You Americans need to organise yourselves to counter the increasing
influence of the religious nutters amongst you, before they exert undue
influence on your goverment systems.