funsec mailing list archives

Content Filtering

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 09:29:23 -0600

Hey JP,

I have been pretty successful at keeping "bad things" away from the eyes
of my users. Websense is a great product (maybe Dan is still around),
but I work for a private company that is rather controlling on internet
access, so we are locked down more than most banks and other companies I
have seen. Can't go into details on a public list however.

But to answer your question, yes I have been pretty successful. I can
tell exactly which companies have WhenU on them and which computers have
HotBar on them. Perhaps 2 out of 1000, and those are cleaned up pretty
fast when discovered. Network security isn't a game ;)

-Todd