funsec mailing list archives

RE: MacintoshSecurity.com Deface

From: "Todd Towles" <toddtowles () brookshires com>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:42:08 -0600

Tom wrote:
Yeah, It was probally owned because its running an old
version of PHP-Nuke.  I really doubt someone like that owned
it because of a OS X flaw.

Agreed, Netcraft is reporting that is is running Linux with UNIX
Apache...so I am not even sure it is running Apple software, but it
proves the beautiful points that having a secure OS is only part of the
battle, a vulnerable application on a good OS is just as bad...which
doesn't seems to work will with the "I am a mac and therefore I am
secure" idea floating around the apple circles.

It is funny that it is defaced because this is one of the "links" on the
SANS top 20 for Mac Security.

-Todd