funsec mailing list archives

Re: Websense mistakenly classifies Microsoft.com as Marijuana-related site

From: Tom Van Vleck <thvv () multicians org>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 11:19:54 -0500

On Nov 4, 2005, at 2:42 PM, Fergie wrote:

Wishful thinking? ;-)

Via The Register.

[snip]

Microsoft's software download site was briefly categorised as a marijuana-related site and blocked by censorware outfit Websense on Monday. Websense blamed human error for the slip-up (or should that be splif-up), which it was able to quickly correct.

When I worked at Taligent, we engineers had this gesture
we made, of drawing on an imaginary spliff, meaning
"what are they smoking?" that we used when the
marketing guys gave a talk.