funsec mailing list archives

Re: Sony, Rootkits and Digital Rights Management Gone Too Far

From: Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 19:30:34 -0500

On Wed, 02 Nov 2005 00:10:11 GMT, Craig Webster said:
On 1 Nov 2005, at 23:49, Valdis.Kletnieks () vt edu wrote:
On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 23:20:14 GMT, Craig Webster said:
tests the sensibility of the courts in this matter. My solution is
simple: stop buying music and spend more time listening to live
unsigned bands.

Or buy music from labels that don't base their business model on the
assumption that their customers are crooks.... ;)

Unfortunately, I don't think I know any of these.
Perhaps we could organise some kind of white-list?

Almost everything in the "Indie" section of your local music store is on
a non-RIAA label.   If you don't have at least one store with an Indie
section, you need to move to someplace more music-friendly. ;)