funsec mailing list archives

RE: The solution to Phishing

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:07:07 -0400

<snip>

A very small effect indeed; a mortgage isn't something that you can draw
cash out from, so why would a phisher phish a mortgage account? I find it
hard to see how a phisher would damage you by paying off all or some of
your mortgage. I suppose one could call this "reverse phishing"; people
discovering your account details so that they can give you money.

Boy I sure hope THAT catches on!  I might let my wife click on those links
:-)

<snip>