funsec mailing list archives

Re: Just a note...

From: Jordan Wiens <numatrix () ufl edu>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 15:30:13 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 13 Oct 2005, Gadi Evron wrote:

Keith Oxenrider wrote:
This is the second time I have read a post where someone mentions "since this is a closed, non-disclosure mailing list" then talks about possibly proprietary and/or sensitive information. The archives are freely available and to my knowledge there is absolutely no restriction on subscription. Many (if not most) of the people on this list used to belong to a list that was restricted, but that is no longer the case. I wouldn't be surprised if google was crawling the archives as well.
Keith Oxenrider, CISSP

You mean this list ISN'T closed?

REALLY?

Damn.

It's a joke, laugh. :)

D'oh. That's what I get for assuming that all of Gadi's lists are closed. Him being such a secretive person and all (hah!), I just assumed all the lists were likewise.

Thanks for mentioning it Keith. Me being one of those people who made the incorrect assumption and all...

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Security Engineer