funsec mailing list archives

Re: HOWTO: Break the Internet

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 23:39:32 +0100 (BST)

On Wed, 12 Oct 2005, Paul Vixie wrote:

# > A group of IS professionals, set up their own Internet, secure it somehow,
# > haven't really thought all this through, just came to me while reading
# > your HOWTO ;-) Maybe you'd have to VPN into it or something, and it's kind
# > of an exclusive playground.
#
# Given that an internet is a collection of a set of interconnected networks,
# from what *non* connected network outside this Internet would you VPN in
# *from*? ;)

i know this is all just fun, but one serious possible outcome from all of this
is multiple address numbering spaces and multiple domain name spaces.  to wit:

Yay! We won't need IP6, we can just have lots and lots of IP4s!