funsec mailing list archives

Re: amazing post about "security pr0n"

From: Gadi Evron <ge () linuxbox org>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 00:09:25 -0600 (CST)

More than an amzing post - amazing series of posts:
http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/158

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005, Gadi Evron wrote:

New term by my new best incognito best bestest friend, Dmitry.

http://blogs.securiteam.com/index.php/archives/160

My comments are from the corporate perspective.

Looking at it from the other side, this comes to show some of the
ill in our industry. People buying products to do security rather than
incorporate products in their security strategy and
infrastructure. Whether to help enforce policy or help detect intrusions.

That's the cheap consultants-run industry of today.

I must say that from the whole world England and Sweden most impress
me. They MANAGEMENT types security folks who are all CISSP-babble actually
know what they are talking about and understand and see security as a maze
and an artistic thing - only at a much higher macro level.

Not to put down the rest of the world or the whole industry, but most of
it is "cheap consultants" with a few good ones, and products to buy in
this budget year. alone with some new projects security and killing fires
that show how insecure they really are.

      Gadi.