funsec mailing list archives

Re: Getting consumers' consent to sell cellphone, tracking data

From: Barrie Dempster <barrie () reboot-robot net>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:31:26 +0000

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 22:45 -0600, Lamp wrote:
This explanation is perfectly fine.  We DO have a right to privacy.
Unfortunately there will be people out there that hold onto, "If you
don't do anything wrong then you don't have anything to worry about."
And your explanation doesn't sufficiently counter that.

Being placed near a crime scene, being accused of an act of terrorism =
up to 30 days in jail *without charge* (This is UK and our government
considers that LOW!). Innocent or not I don't see my family for a month
and likely cause problems for my employer. Personally I'd rather not be
a suspect in that when I'm entirely innocent, this is something an
innocent man *can* worry about, when it comes to privacy invasion.

Ben Franklin once said some wise words, which I'm sure anyone in this
debate is familiar with. He wasn't wrong.

--
With Regards..
Barrie Dempster (zeedo) - Fortiter et Strenue

"He who hingeth aboot, geteth hee-haw" Victor - Still Game

blog:  http://reboot-robot.net
sites: http://www.bsrf.org.uk - http://www.security-forums.com
ca:    https://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3