funsec mailing list archives

RE: Getting consumers' consent to sell cellphonetrackingdata

From: "Larry Seltzer" <larry () larryseltzer com>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 17:25:29 -0500

they can put this locator data stream together with other data streams
like credit card terminal use, atm use, traffic cameras, atm cameras and
facial recognition software, to get a high probability of who each cell
phone belongs to.  or gray-market law enforcers can get a two-bit subpoena
for the identity.

They can? They can tell that it's me at the ATM and not the guy next to me?
I didn't think location services were that precise.

LJS