funsec mailing list archives

RE: Macrovision Shares Fall on RipGuard Review

From: Blanchard_Michael () emc com
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 13:18:37 -0500

They should just give up and get rid of bloody copy protection, Sony's
learning this the hardway.  lower the price of a new DVD to $10 - $13 so
there is no longer any incentive to pirate a movie.  While I'm on it, they
might as well release the DVD's at the same time the movie is in the
theaters too.  that would further cut down on piracy, but might cut into
theater sales a bit but probably not as much as they think.... guys need
somewhere to bring their sweetheart on a date :-)  They could increase
theater sales if they lowered the price a bit and lowered the price a *lot*
on popcorn/soda-pop/candy.  If I can go into the local candy store and buy 1
box of gummy bears for $1.00, there is zero need for the theaters to charge
$6.00 for the same exact package of gummi bears when we all know they
actually paid 50 cents for the same box....  it's like a $50 deal to take a
family of 4 to the movies now-a-days, and that's for matinee pricing!

phew sorry about the rant... back to our regularly scheduled discussions :-)

 Mike B

Michael P. Blanchard
Antivirus / Security Engineer, CISSP, GCIH, MCSE, MCP+I
Office of Information Security & Risk Management
EMC ² Corporation
4400 Computer Dr.
Westboro, MA 01580
email:  Blanchard_Michael () EMC COM