funsec mailing list archives

Re[2]: A bioterror attack in World of Warcraft.

From: Pierre Vandevenne <pierre () datarescue com>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:03:20 +0200

Good Afternoon,

In the real world, the solution is proven and well defined. Vaccine a
sufficient number of susceptible hosts and you don't have an epidemy.
After a certain treshold, which is not 100%, the disease won't spread
and will essentially disappear for a while (which can be a long
while). The causal agent might jump to another "backup" host, might go
dormant, or even be replaced by a less harmful variant.

This is why, while there is some lively discussions in scientific
circles about a possible bird-flu pandemic, there is no discussion as
far as the best method to handle it is concerned: have vaccines ready
and lots of them.

Some companies are even betting on the flu and on supply
problems/issues - see the Chiron/Novartis saga.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005, 8:57:04 AM, you wrote:

GE> Roland Dobbins wrote:

There's a lot of food for thought, here:

http://www.collisiondetection.net/mt/archives/2005/09/ _dig_this_an_eb.html

--
Best regards,
Pierre                            mailto:pierre () datarescue com