funsec mailing list archives

Re: Re: crazy asm coders [was: efficient ASM code]

From: Drsolly <drsollyp () drsolly com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 16:17:25 +0100 (BST)

On Sat, 17 Sep 2005, Nick FitzGerald wrote:

Drsolly wrote:

One of the funniest viruses I ever saw used int 15 instead of int 21. You
                     ^

                  intended

I doubt if he intended it to be funny.

can see where the author went wrong (plus he didn't test his "virus").

Of course, you'd never have added detection of that to your scanner "to
push up the numbers", would you...

Of course not. I added it for an entirely different reason. I added it
because of incompetent antivirus reviewers.