funsec mailing list archives

Re: Fw: Egyptian hacker looking for partner in crime

From: Blue Boar <BlueBoar () thievco com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 15:48:04 -0700

Craig Webster wrote:
They'll be a list of IPs that I've randomly generated but what are you going to do? Call the cops? :)

Yes, I think so. If I've got sanction/get out of jail free, I can turn evidence that you claimed to be selling a botnet. You defrauded me, if nothing else.

On the other hand... given a list of random IPs, how many actually WILL have a bot or proxy on them? :) Wait, I don't want to give the real botherds defense teams any ideas. :)

                                        BB