funsec mailing list archives

Side by side comparison: Katrina & Rita

From: "Fergie (Paul Ferguson)" <fergdawg () netzero net>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 00:57:45 GMT

I know this has absolutely nothing to do with security (with the
exception of our butts here in the Great State of Texas), but it
it is interesting nonetheless.

As you may have heard, Rita is now the 3rd most powerful hurricane
to approach the U.S. in history:

http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/2005/09/hurricane-rita-now-third-most-powerful.html

And, I've just put up a side-by-side animated comparison of
Katrina & Rita as presented by NOAA:

http://fergdawg.blogspot.com/2005/09/side-by-side-comparison-katrina-rita.html

The people here are going crazy -- see associated stories on
http://www.statesman.com/ and I'll also be posting from my blog.

I spent most of the day today, as I will tomorrow, turning "down"
network sites all along the Texas Gulf Coast for the state...

- ferg

--
"Fergie", a.k.a. Paul Ferguson
 fergdawg () netzero net or fergdawg () sbcglobal net