Full Disclosure mailing list archives

APPLE-SA-05-13-2024-7 watchOS 10.5

From: Apple Product Security via Fulldisclosure <fulldisclosure () seclists org>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2024 21:05:19 -0400

APPLE-SA-05-13-2024-7 watchOS 10.5

watchOS 10.5 addresses the following issues.
Information about the security content is also available at
https://support.apple.com/HT214104.

Apple maintains a Security Releases page at
https://support.apple.com/HT201222 which lists recent
software updates with security advisories.

AppleAVD
Available for: Apple Watch Series 4 and later
Impact: An app may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel
privileges
CVE-2024-27804: Meysam Firouzi (@R00tkitSMM)

AppleMobileFileIntegrity
Available for: Apple Watch Series 4 and later
Impact: An attacker may be able to access user data
CVE-2024-27816: Mickey Jin (@patch1t)

Maps
Available for: Apple Watch Series 4 and later
Impact: An app may be able to read sensitive location information
validation.
CVE-2024-27810: LFY@secsys of Fudan University

RemoteViewServices
Available for: Apple Watch Series 4 and later
Impact: An attacker may be able to access user data
CVE-2024-27816: Mickey Jin (@patch1t)

Shortcuts
Available for: Apple Watch Series 4 and later
Impact: A shortcut may output sensitive user data without consent
validation.
CVE-2024-27821: Kirin (@Pwnrin), zbleet, and Csaba Fitzl (@theevilbit)
of Kandji

WebKit
Available for: Apple Watch Series 4 and later
Impact: An attacker with arbitrary read and write capability may be able
to bypass Pointer Authentication
WebKit Bugzilla: 272750
CVE-2024-27834: Manfred Paul (@_manfp) working with Trend Micro's Zero
Day Initiative

Additional recognition

App Store
We would like to acknowledge an anonymous researcher for their
assistance.

CoreHAP
We would like to acknowledge Adrian Cable for their assistance.

HearingCore
We would like to acknowledge an anonymous researcher for their
assistance.

Managed Configuration
We would like to acknowledge 遥遥领先 (@晴天组织) for their assistance.

Instructions on how to update your Apple Watch software are available
at https://support.apple.com/HT204641  To check the version on
your Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and select
"My Watch > General > About".  Alternatively, on your watch, select
"My Watch > General > About".
All information is also posted on the Apple Security Releases
web site: https://support.apple.com/HT201222.

This message is signed with Apple's Product Security PGP key,
and details are available at:
https://www.apple.com/support/security/pgp/