Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Backdoor.Win32.NinjaSpy.c / Remote Stack Buffer Overflow

From: "network.mp4 via Fulldisclosure" <fulldisclosure () seclists org>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2021 07:42:17 +0000

Matthew Fernandez <matthew.fernandez () gmail com> at Fri, 8 Jan 2021 07:53:44 -0800:
How should we be treating the stream of malware vulnerabilities you’ve reported recently? If something is malware,
surely I want to remove it from my machine anyway? I’m all for full disclosure, but I’m just trying to understand if
there’s anything actionable list members could do with this information. Thank you for your work on this, which is
quite interesting to follow by the way.
I personally think that those malware vulnerabilities are a great way to detect malware, however, they may be used a
lot to infect vulnerable computers with even more malware. But it's still a backdoor and those are great for education
about how such backdoors can be prevented, as list subscribers can see what mistakes did the programmer do and what
mistakes they should not make.

Regards!