Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Centraleyezer: Unrestricted File Upload -[CVE-2019-12271]

From: infinitybuzz via Fulldisclosure <fulldisclosure () seclists org>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2019 16:38:37 +0000

Centraleyezer: Unrestricted File Upload -[CVE-2019-12271]

Sandline Centraleyezer (On Premises) allows unrestricted File Upload with a dangerous type, because the feature of
adding “.jpg” to any uploaded filename is not enforced on the server side.

The image upload is vulnerable to bypass, the file upload adds .jpg extension to every file sent, but on client side,
so I could intercept the request and change it to .php. I uploaded a simple shell and was able to execute commands as
user www-data on the server.

more information:

https://link.medium.com/Y2S4ZJbMy1