Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Brute force every Samsung repair customer's info with ease

From: Justa Person <keepondoin () gmail com>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2016 05:02:02 -0500

Either Samsung reads this list or they just have great timing. Just shy of
three weeks later they responded asking for more information. Hope they
close it soon.

On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 8:01 PM, Justa Person <keepondoin () gmail com> wrote:

Sure..Was having one heck of a time figuring out the proper number to
enter into the web form for my own repair and got to thinking about how
terrible it seemed to disclose all that info based on just a ticket number
and telephone number..And that I had tried a LOT of combinations from the
info they had given me unsuccessfully without any lockout or anything.
Putting those together I was able to do about 500 guesses/minute with that
ugly code. But given that I encountered zero throttling or anything I would
assume spawning some workers, perhaps across a botnet even, would make
short work of enumerating the valid combinations.

Oh, and they are nice enough to inform you if you try to pass a bad ticket
number too.