Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Beginners error: Hewlett-Packards driver software executes rogue binary C:\Program.exe

From: Project Un1c0rn <project.un1c0rn () yandex com>
Date: Wed, 21 May 2014 17:31:32 +0200

A filesystem is strong I completely agree, another program running as
admin that has access to it might be not.

Imagine that program can just dump NEW files everywhere (service
exploitable I dunno)

Now there's a way to abuse it to put a backdoor in C:\Program.exe in
HP included related drivers.

Or I could be mistaken, but I see every security as weak as its
weakest point.