Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Session Hijack Vulnerabilty on ebays german want ad?

From: felsenkotzer () gmx net
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 11:06:46 +0200

Dear Christian,
obviously you have a cookie in your browser on computer A. Assumed, that kleinanzeigen.ebay.de does not match the IP
addresses of different attemts to access the user page, this seems to be the only way to verify, that you are still
you. So, you could take a look into your cookie and see, what is saved there. I would say, you won’t find your password
in there, nor a hash of your password, but a session ID. How long the session ID is valid after the last server request
using this ID, depends on the website. But yes: You can hijack a session of any other user, when you find a way to
steal their cookie. You should avoid this. Firefox has an option to automatically delete all cookies when closing the
browser.
Love
Torsten