Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Ubuntu, duckduckgo, and additional info

From: silence_is_best () hushmail com
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 05:47:24 -0700

On 01/15/2014 at 5:08 AM, "Gabriel Weinberg"  wrote:> Any particular
reason when setting duckduckgo as the default search and searching
from the url bar we get an additional nugget of info sent?

We use the t=partner parameter to anonymously count the number of
searches for revenue sharing. We have 90+ partners doing this, mainly
open source browsers and distributions. Here's the relevant link on
launchpad for Canonical:

https://code.launchpad.net/~caine/chromium-browser/duckduckgo/+merge/182416

--
Gabriel, http://ye.gg/

I see thank you.  My distribution.id nuke did nothing....any way to
disable this?  It's all about choice after all right ;)