Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: EE BrightBox router hacked - bares all if you ask nicely

From: Dan Ballance <tzewang.dorje () gmail com>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 18:09:57 +0000

Totally agree with the driving drunk analogy. I mean, we say that car
manufacturers and airplane companies have to run their systems to agreed
standards. And this is done in such a way that safety on the roads and in
skies improves. So why can it not be done for the IT industry? Nobody talks
about the car industry collapsing because they're being asked to meet basic
safety standards. Maybe it's convenient for some security professionals to
see things carry on as they are? I don't know.