Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: Security flaw in Full Disclosure mailing list

From: Reindl Harald <h.reindl () thelounge net>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 2014 20:36:07 +0200

Am 02.04.2014 15:43, schrieb Nick Lindridge:
Apologies if this has been pointed out before, hard to imagine that it hasn't really. When signing up for the list,
I was surprised that it emailed back my password in plain text.

Can this security flaw be addressed?

not without re-write mailmain 8X-Mailman-Version: 2.1.15)

9 out of 10 lists out there even mail the password
once per month by stupidity while the real scary is
that this is possible at all meaning stored in plaintext