Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Auditing systems for vulnerable 3rd-party OpenSSL

From: Gabriel Brezi <gb () hydrau lc>
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 13:53:17 -0400

I'm advising a client on auditing his systems for vulnerable OpenSSL
libs which may be included by 3rd-parties. Does anyone know of some
relatively simple tools that I can leverage to figure out what
applications were bundled with out of date libs? Most of the focus will
be Linux and OSX systems.

I'll cover as much as I can by automating ldd, nm, JAR unpackers and
UPX. I'll have to contact developers directly if I find evidence of
obfuscation tools. Can someone add to this list of concerns or weigh in
on any existing tools that can automate part of this process?

I don't know OSX so well so extra advice for this platform is helpful.