Full Disclosure mailing list archives

Re: possible backdoor in OpenSSL X509 verification

From: Ben Laurie <ben () links org>
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2013 19:33:16 +0100

On 6 September 2013 19:22, Jeffrey Walton <noloader () gmail com> wrote:

I've tried to get the Foundation to address these problems with policy
("everything must have positive and negative test cases"). No one
really cared. Then I tried to get them to address it by accepting my
negative test cases (which broke things in practice). No one really
cared. Until the project improves their engineering process, things
won't change.

I'm finding git pull requests way easier to deal with than all previous
known mechanisms for contributing. I care a lot about testing, but like the
"one full time developer" I'm also busy - and mostly not with OpenSSL.
Anyway, give it a try.